Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Demolishing Strongholds

"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."   Philippians 1:6 NIV

I have been feeling a tugging on my heart for the past several months to add this to my blog.  My plan here is to share what I'm learning as I study the Word, pray, think, fight, agonize, and rejoice in my efforts to grow as a follower of Christ.  I have many shortcomings, and I will be honest about them here.  I am nothing if not honest and transparent and I promise to continue to be so here.  I pray this will bless you, somehow.  Maybe you'll relate to some of my struggles or know someone who does.  Maybe you'll be inspired to be honest yourself, for the sake of someone else.  I do not claim to be a great Bible scholar or wise theologian.  I am neither of those.  I am however, a girl who loves Jesus and who is determined (by the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit) to spend the rest of my days here on earth, following my Master.  I want to grow, to learn, and to bear fruit.  I want to shine brightly the love of Jesus to this lost and dying world.  I want to know my God better so I can be more like Him.  Life is hard.  It hurts a lot sometimes.  I trust my Jesus, though.  He has never let me down!  He is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment